Dear readers! In one year and four months that this blog has been running, we have finally reached our 100th post. This is a good time to reflect on what, I believe, have been the best moments on this blog. In no particular order:
- LARP reviews! I have reviewed every major LARP I've been to, and several minor ones (and a book too!).
- Travels and travel journalism! Organizing LARP trips and going to Slovenia, Crikvenica (btw blitz news: SCA event has been postponed until Spring), Drachenfest and ConQuest of Mythodea (also planning a trip to Hungary this October, and more trips next year).
- Start a LARP series got republished on larping.org and SF-Serbia (translated into Serbian). I also got positive feedback on Simple LARP System, an open-source fantasy LARP system small enough to fit on one A4 page which I wrote for the second article in the series.
- I was invited to write a paper for LARP book for Czech Odraz LARP conference, and it was published.
- Writing about the history of Croatian LARP.
- Preparing, running and writing about Terra Nova. (btw, I'm just starting its discussion group - please sign up here)
- Being the part of change I wanted to see in Croatian LARP
- And of course, having a great time larping (and documenting it all, for both myself and others)!
|Me on ConQuest. Rakh.|
Croatian LARP scene also highly diversified during that time. We got other forms of fantasy LARP than it was usual, with Terra Nova and recently announced Dawn Seekers. Other genres also became popular, and we got ourselves Steampunk and Fallout LARP, as well as several SRP one-shots. Green Banner Croatia became prominent as a group, and another larp association, Lateralus, was formed. Crolarp was organized and every other LARP also evolved in a way. Plenty of contacts with international LARP scene were made.
And which moments did you like the best? Larp reviews it seems, and all of them made this summer. Here's a list of top 5 articles on crolarper.com so far, having most pageviews:
The best way to celebrate 100th post is certainly with a special drink. So while writing this I celebrated with the bottle of Charlies Rittertrunk (Charlie's Knight-drink) - a special labeled beer we got from Charlie on Drachenfest, and brought with us to ConQuest and back to Zagreb. An appropriate drink, I'd say :)
|My wife holding the bottle which I'm drinking right now, on Drachenfest.|
And now here's a question to you, dear readers. What would you like me to write about? What would you like reading about? How do you like the blog so far? If you've been silent so far, lurking - drop in to say hi and how are you doing. Leave any comments below - I'll read them all.