Izgon (or The Exile as it would be its translation into English) will be a pervasive urban fantasy larp (with elements of SF) that I'm preparing. It will last over a month - from March 24th to April 28th. March 17th is the deadline for signups.
Here's a few things you can expect:
- Play a double life - what you did so far (which can include other larps) and what you'll do this larp.
- Zagreb-centered but playable worldwide - most of the players and content will be in Zagreb. However, everyone in the world will be able to play and contribute in some meaningful way (I might limit applications from abroad to some 10-ish max if plenty people sign up - if I talked to you about it you're in regardless).
- Expect plenty of online communication.
- This larp and its participants will not intrude into your work or your personal life.
- You can expect some 20 hours of gameplay (if in Zagreb) over the month. More or less if you decide to do it that way. Around tenth to fifth of that time for players not in Zagreb.
- Stuff will happen with no GM on the location - you can really meet anywhere and anytime in-character. High character involvement in deciding how this larp will run and work out. You're expected to write an in-character diary - that's how I'll find out about most of the stuff happening.
- High secrecy. Don't confirm that you're going to the game to anyone. Don't confirm you're playing if asked (unless it would get you in serious trouble) until the larp ends on April 28th. We're going for full diegesis and immersion - everything will be as it appears to be. So your in-character you will know everything you do - one of the differences will be, your in-character self has never signed up for this larp. Secrecy will keep your surprise factor high as well as your consistency of character switch from off-game to in-game.
- Everyone can be a participant. During the duration of your larp, we'll work hard to mislead you and trick you with in-game information presented to you as real. You'll never know if the person you are just talking to is a part of the game or not. (We won't get you in trouble though.)
- You'll get your character prewritten for you, and based on your application form. There's a mechanism in place which will make this non-intrusive to your personal life. You'll receive your character, the larp setting and a few instructions before the larp starts.
- If you don't start or end the larp in Zagreb it's OK. If you have a 2 week trip in the middle of the larp, or participate in another larp while Izgon lasts it's still OK.
- This larp needs 10+ local players to run - if I don't get that number it will be canceled. We already have some of that number. The local player number will be capped at 30.
- If you're over the number cap, you might be not given a regular character but influence the larp in other ways instead.
- I might have lied about those number caps in the first place.
- It's free for everyone to participate in - however I'd appreciate a small donation to cover the costs (there will be some) if you wish to play or otherwise support this larp.
Interested? Sign up here.